Samosa Kadhi Chaat ( Recipe Using Left Overs)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34408 times
samosa kadhi chaat recipe | kadhi samosa chaat | samosa kadhi chaat with leftover samosas | with amazing 22 images.
Traditionally, samosas are served with chutney or chole, but this samosa kadhi chaat recipe which is a personal favourite of mine, is a bit different. I have experimented serving kadhi samosa chaat with a coconut kadhi and to add some crunch to the dish, i have added chopped spring onions. This samosa kadhi chaat is a meal in itself!
If you have samosas on hand try this recipe and I can bet you will definitely love it. The samosa kadhi chaat is a quick veg snack, made by topping smashed samosas with coconut kadhi and chutney. A little bit of coriander go a long way in boosting the taste and texture of this samosa kadhi chaat.
This samosa kadhi chaat is totally irresistible. Hot samosas topped with an innovative coconut kadhi, khajur imli ki chutney and green chutney. This spicy samosa kadhi chaat is an any-timer, perfect for rainy evenings as well as hot summer afternoons.
The coconut kadhi uses coconut milk which is the liquid extracted with water from the coconut flesh. Coconut milk is now available in tetrapacks at grocery stores, so you need not go through the effort of extracting it! You can also use nylon sev for garnishing. Coconut kadhi uses basic and minimum of ingredients and can be prepared in a jiffy.
If you can grab a few samosas from a nearby store, then this evening snack will make a pleasant surprise for the whole family! Kadhi samosa chaat is totally awesome, and sure to make tea-time very special. You can also serve quick kadhi samosa chaat at parties because it is easy and quick to make.
Learn to make samosa kadhi chaat recipe | kadhi samosa chaat | samosa kadhi chaat with leftover samosas | with detailed step by step photos below.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cardamom, clove, cinnamon and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the curry leaves and red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the coconut milk, prepared curds-besan mixture and 1 cup of water, mix well and bring to boil, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt, mix well and boil for few more minutes.
- To make samosa kadhi chaat, break 1 samosa into small pieces and place them in a deep dish or bowl.
- Pour ½ of the prepared kadhi evenly over it.
- Spread 2 tsp of green chutney and 2 tsp sweet of chutney over it.
- Finally sprinkle 1 tbsp of coriander evenly over it.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 1 more plate.
- Serve samosa kadhi chaat immediately.
Samosa Kadhi Chaat Video by Tarla Dalal
Samosa Kadhi Chaat ( Recipe Using Left Overs) recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values per plate
|Vitamin A||636.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||13.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||32.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.