Samosa Kadhi Chaat ( Recipe Using Left Overs)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25504 times
Traditionally, samosas are served with chutney or chole, but this one which is a personal favourite of mine, is a bit different. I have experimented serving them with a coconut kadhi and to add some crunch to the dish, i have added chopped spring onions. This chaat is a meal in itself!
the coconut kadhi uses coconut milk which is the liquid extracted with water from the coconut flesh. Coconut milk is now available in tetrapacks at grocery stores, so you need not go through the effort of extracting it!
- For the coconut kadhi
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cardamom, clove, cinnamon and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the curry leaves and red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the coconut milk, prepared curds-besan mixture and 1 cup of water, mix well and bring to boil, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt, mix well and boil for few more minutes.
- Break 1 samosa into small pieces and place them in a deep dish or bowl.
- Pour ½ of the prepared kadhi evenly over it.
- Spread 2 tsp of green chutney and 2 tsp sweet of chutney over it.
- Finally sprinkle 1 tbsp of coriander evenly over it.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 1 more plate.
- Serve immediately.
Samosa Kadhi Chaat Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per plate
|Vitamin A||636.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||13.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||32.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.