Samosa Kadhi Chaat ( Jain Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 131 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28758 times
Hot samosas topped with an innovative coconut kadhi, khajur imli ki chutney and green chutney. This spicy chaat is an any-timer, perfect for rainy evenings as well as hot summer afternoons.
- Mix the plain flour, ghee and salt in a bowl and knead into a firm dough using water.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions and roll each portion into 125 mm. X 50 mm. (5" x 2") ovals. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the asafoetida and green chilli paste.
- Sauté for 1 minute and add the bananas, green peas, dried mango powder, garam masala, coriander and salt.
- Mix well and mash lightly.
- Remove from the fire, cool, divide into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide each samosa covering ovals into 2 halves.
- Make a cone from each part and stuff with the filling.
- Seal the edges carefully using a little water. Repeat with the remaining oval halves and filling to make 5 more samosas.
- Deep fry in hot oil on a slow flame till golden brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Add the corn flour mixture to the curds, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf and curry leaves.
- When the curry leaves splutter, add the green chillies and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and 1 cup of water and bring to a boil, while stirring continuously.
- Add the corn flour-curds mixture and salt and mix well. Simmer on a slow flame till the kadhi thickens while stirring constantly. Keep aside.
- Place the hot samosas in a serving bowl and spoon the hot kadhi over them.
- Top with the khajur imli ki chutney and green chutney.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Samosa Kadhi Chaat Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||223.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.