Samosa Chaat, Quick Veg Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4733 times
If you can grab a few samosas from a nearby store, then this evening snack will make a pleasant surprise for the whole family!
The Samosa Chaat is a quick veg snack, made by topping smashed samosas with curds and chutney. A fistful of sev and a little bit of coriander go a long way in boosting the taste and texture of this chaat.
It is totally awesome, and sure to make tea-time very special. You can also serve it at parties because it is easy and quick to make.
Try your hand at making other chaat recipes like Moong Sprouts and Potato Salli Chaat or Paan ki Chaat .
- Break a punjabi samosa into medium sized pieces in a serving plate.
- Top it with ¼ cup of curds, sprinkle a little salt, 1 tsp of green chutney and 2 tsp of sweet chutney evenly over it.
- Finally sprinkle 1 tbsp of sev and ½ tbsp of coriander evenly over it.
- Repeats steps 1 to 3 to make 3 more plates.
- Serve immediately.
Samosa Chaat, Quick Veg Snack by Tarla Dalal
Samosa Chaat, Quick Veg Snack recipe with step by step photos
- While many people enjoy eating samosa as it is along with tongue-tickling chutneys, you can transform this delicious snack into a myriad of delights like samosa chips sandwich, chole samosa chaat or toasted samosa sandwich.
- Samosa strips are easily available in the market, you just have to stuff them with a mixture & fry them.
- Also, you can refer our detailed recipe with step by step images to make Punjabi samosa at home.
- If you are not a fan of aloo-mutter stuffed samosa then you can try making other variants like Hariyali Samosa, Poha and Sprouted Vatana Samosa or Pyaz Ke Samose.
- For this chaat, you would also require green chutney and sweet chutney. Additionally, you can also add lehsun ki chutney if you like spicy food. You can make them prior to assembling the chaat and store them in the refrigerator.
- If you are looking for more chaat recipes, then check out Quick Bhakarwadi Chaat, Aloo Chaat.
- A dash of spice powders like jeera powder, chilli powder, chaat masala will also enhance the taste of Samosa chaat recipe.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and drizzle lemon juice to make it more appetizing.
- Break a Punjabi samosa into medium sized pieces in a serving plate.
- Top it with ¼ cup of curds. Ensure you have whisked it well before using.
- Sprinkle a little salt and 1 tsp of green chutney. You can also use coriander mint chutney.
- Now drizzle 2 tsp of sweet chutney evenly over it. Add more or less as per your personal preference.
- Break a Punjabi samosa into medium sized pieces in a serving plate. Check recipe for Punjabi samosa with steps here.
- And ½ tbsp of coriander evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 3 more plates.
- Serve quick samosa chaat as an appetizer for your chaat parties or as an evening snack.
- It is best served immediately to ensure that the crispiness is not lost & the dish has not turned soft and soggy.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per plate
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.