Samosa By sandhyan
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3364 times
India's most popular snack or appetizer , samosa is easy to prepare at home with this samosa recipe. The deep fried maida or refined flour patties are filled with vegetable, potato or meat stuffings. The samosa can be prepared in various shapes and sizes. Share and recommend samosa recipe online.
- mix the dough ingredients, add water in small quantities and make a hard dough and keep it under a wet cloth for 10 - 15 minutes.
- heat oil, add cumin seeds and when they start to change color, add chopped ginger, chopped green chilies and then add diced potatoes. add red chili powder, salt, dry mango powder and garam masala powder. stir well.
- sprinkle water and cook covered till potatoes are done.
- Add green peas and cook further for 5 minutes on a slow flame.
- Add chopped green coriander and let it cool.
- Divide the dough into 16 equal portions and make them into small balls. apply a little flour and roll them into 4 inch diameter elongated diskettes.
- Cut each diskette into half and apply water on the edges. shape it into a cone and stuff it with the potatoes and peas filling. seal the edges and deep fry in medium hot oil till crisp and golden brown.
- serve hot with tamarind chutney.
This recipe was contributed by sandhyan on 05 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.