Samosa By deepaen
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3148 times
Do not overheat the oil, since this will cook only the outer covering and the inner layer will remain uncooked even if the samosa has turned dark brown on the outside.
you can change the toppings & name the samosas accordingly. for example: if you put peas in it ;it will be called peas samosa, same way if keema( minced meat) is added to it it is keema samosas.
serve with green chutney, tamarind chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Heat the ghee(clarified butter) for the stuffing and add the cumin seeds and cashewnuts.
- When the seeds splutter add the dry powders and fry for 10 seconds.
- Add the mashed potatoes and green peas, salt and mix well.
- Cook on a low flame for about 10 minutes. keep it aside.
- Prepare the cover for the samosa by combining the maida (all purpose flour, plain flour), hot ghee(clarified butter)/ oil and salt .
- Add enough water and knead the dough. set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into round portions. take each portion and coat it with some maida (all purpose flour, plain flour) so that it does not stick to your hands.
- Roll it into a not too thin perfect round. with a pizza cutter, make 2 semi circles of that round.
- Take one half circle. dip your index finger into the cold water and apply it to the straight edge of the semi circle. now hold the semicircle in your hand.
- Fold the straight edge , bringing together the watered edges. seal the watered edges. you will now have a small triangular maida (all purpose flour, plain flour) pocket.
- Stuff it with the potato mixture and now water-seal the upper edges. repeat for the rest of the dough.
- Deep fry in oil till golden brown and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by deepaen on 19 Sep 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.