Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31005 times
Prepare soft, spongy and spicy Samo dhokla with this easy dhokla recipe. The samo is soaked in yoghurt and mixed with grated bottle gourd(dudhi), chilli paste, fruit salt and then steamed. The steamed samo dhokla are tempered with mustard seeds and served hot garnished with coriander leaves as snack or breakfast.
Add your private note
Samo Dhokla recipe - How to make Samo Dhokla
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Mix yogurt and samo (such that samo is just soaked in yogurt) and leave for 1 hour
- Grind them together in a mixer, alongwith the required quantity of salt.
- Leave this batter to ferment for 8 hours.
- Before preparing, add grated bottlegourd, ginger- green chillies paste, eno and handful of finely cut corriander leaves.
- Keep water for boiling in a dhokla vessel or any broad bottomed vessel with lid.
- Grease a thali or any low height steel container.
- Pour required amount of dhokla batter into this thali, sprinkle some black pepper and keep it in the dhokla vessel for steaming.
- Allow to steam for 12 minutes.
- Cool and cut into diamond shapes and serve with farali green chutney and peanut oil.
This recipe was contributed by yogita_j on 07 Mar 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.