Sambhariya Aloo ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24504 times
I do not know whether to say that gujarat is at the heart of vegetarian cuisine, or whether vegetarian cuisine is at the heart of every gujarati. But the fact is that both are inseparable. Food being a very important part of gujarati culture, the variety therein is also immeasurably vast. Name any vegetable, and can find any number of dishes as you want. When it is the ever-popular potato in question, the argument is even more valid! the aroma that fills the environment when the potatoes cook in the juices of a coconut and coriander stuffing will make you hungry even if you have just had a three-course meal! it is amazing what simple spices can do to a dish. What’s more, this can be made in 10 minutes in the microwave, while it would need at least 25 minutes on gas.
Add your private note
Sambhariya Aloo ( Microwave Recipe ) recipe - How to make Sambhariya Aloo ( Microwave Recipe )
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Wash the potatoes and make criss-cross slits on each potato taking care not to separate the segments.
- Transfer the potatoes to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 5 minutes or till done. Keep aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well to make a mixture.
- Stuff the potatoes evenly with the mixture.
- Arrange them in a shallow microwave safe dish and sprinkle a little oil and 1½ tbsp of water over it and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.