Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3160 times
Sambhar sadam is a traditional way of preparing the South Indian lentil recipe, sambhar. The sambhar powder, red chilli powder is added to the boiled tur dal and then cooked with tamarind pulp and a tempering of curry leaves, mustard seeds and chillies.
- Boil the rice.
- In a kadai heat the oil. add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, crushed black grams,red chillies.
- When it crackles add curry leaves and onions. fry till transparent.
- Add turmeric powder, tomatoes and fry again for 4 minutes
- Now add red chillipowder, sambhar powder, hing and salt .sauté for a while
- Add boiled rice.and mix well after reducing the flame.
- Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve with pickle and pappad.
This recipe was contributed by kdeepa14 on 13 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.