Sambhar By setseeani
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4373 times
Dal should be cooked like mashed and the it should not be seen.
- First make tamarind water by putting a small piece of tamarind in 1/2 cup water and mix well using hands and keep aside.
- Cook the sambar dal for 5 mts in a cooker and keep it aside. then cook the diced vegetables with salt , tamarind water, 4 cup water for 1 mt. mix the cooked dal and vegetables together with water as desired. then add coriander powder, chilly powder, turmeric powder, asafotide powder and fenugreek powder and heat it.
- Heat oil in a pan.poppy the mustard seeds add curry leaves then add cooked dal and vegetables.serve it hot after adding coriander leaves.
- If you relish the taste of cocunut then add the curry of cocounut while adding the vegetables( method for preparing the coconut curry. 1 cocunut grated . heat the oil in a pan and and add small southindian small onions and cocunut and fry until brown, cool it and then blend in the grinder for 5 to 115 minutes for fine paste)
- Can servie with idli, dosa, rice, upma
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 22 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.