Sambar for Dosas and Idlis
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6741 times
Its a mild sambar with the hint of saunf which goes well with dosa and idlis.
- Preasure cook toor dhal and keep aside. see its not mashed.
- Heat oil in a heavy based pan
- Add ustard seed, saunf, curry leaves and j
- When the seeds splutter add finely chopped onion along crushed garlic.
- Fry till the onion is soft.
- Now add tomatos and fry .
- Add red chilli powder, haldi and salt and 1/2 cup water.
- Close the lid and boil for 5 min , thill the tomatoes are soft and ash tomatoes.
- Now add tamrind water and allow it boil for 2 min.
- Add cooked dhal and boil for another 5-7 min .
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by kiruthigakeerthi on 20 Jul 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.