Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7136 times
Sambhar sadam is a south Indian take on the traditional rice and lentil based khichadi recipe. In this sambhar sadam recipe, the rice is cooked with tuar dal along with tamarind water and spices and then served hot with a tempering of mustard seeds.
- Wash rice & dhal, drain away all the water,
- To the rice/dhal mixture add the turmeric pwd., coriander pwd., chillie pwd, sambar pwd, & salt.
- Extract the juice from the tamarind & mix with the quantity of water to be added to the dhal/rice mixture.
- Pour this water into the dhal/rice mixture & cook in pressure cooker for 10/12 minutes.
- Add ghee in thin the pan & fry the sambar onions,
- As it’s getting brown add the mustard seeds cashew nuts, curry leaves.
- Add this seasoning to the sambar bath.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by pearlie on 28 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.