Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7305 times
A delicious meal of tasty South Indian sambhar served with cooked white rice.
- Soak the tamarind in water for 10 -15 minutes
- Cut all the vegetables.
- Mix the rice and dal with water in 1:2 ratio in a vessel
- Keep all the hard vegetables like aloo carrot beans,mooli drumstick in a seperate vessel with the required amount of water
- Keep this two vessels in the pressure cooker and allow it to give 5-7 whistles.
- Fry the dhania seeds,4-5 methi seeds,redchilli,chenna dal for masala
- Mix this contents with grated coconut and grind well
- In a pan add ghee (2 table spoon)
- Boil it
- Add mustard, udir dal, curry leaves cashewnuts and some red chilli and season it
- Add small onions and big onions
- Fry till it becomes golden brown
- Add tomato mutter and capsicum and allow it to cook well
- Add the concentrated imli juice,and the ground masala and sambar powder
- Wait for 5 minutes
- Add all the cooked vegetables
- After 5 minutes add the cooked dal and rice
- Mix well
- Serve hot with potato chips and raita
This recipe was contributed by itsvidhuram on 29 Jan 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.