Sambar By kalsvaidya
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2938 times
A simple, quick and authentic recipe to prepare the South Indian staple, Sambhar. The lentil based tangy sambhar is best served with rice or idlis.
- First wash tuvar and moong dals then add water to it add turmeric powder 1 teapoon.
- Later add sliced onions, garlic , ginger, green chillies and keep it cooker.
- After 2 whistle comes switchoff the stove. then fry redchilles,channandal, coconut, khuskhus, jeera, dania,methi seeds,pepper in little oil and grind to smooth paste.
- Extract tamarind juice and make it boil later add dal cooked in cooker then add paste also add jaggery a very small piece after raw smell goes and starts boiling switch off gas.
- Take pan and pour little oil fry mustard, and curry leaves pour them over sambar and coraiander leaves also can be added.
This recipe was contributed by kalsvaidya on 09 Jun 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.