by Shailaja Reddy
This recipe has been viewed 4281 times
Sakinalu is a traditional snack in Telangana region. It is prepared during Makar Sankranti, weddings and any special occasion.
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 4 – 5 hrs.
- Drain the water. Dry the rice on thin cloth for 25 mins.
- Grind it as fine powder.
- In a large bowl add the rice flour, ajwain, sesame seeds, salt and mix well.
- Now add water slowly to get proper consistency. The dough should not be too watery or to thick.
- Take a bowl of water and wet your hands.
- Take small quantity of the dough and make round thin circles with your fingers on a cloth.
- The cloth will absorb the water in the flour.
- Leave it for some time.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, deep fry the sakinalu until it turns golden brown.
- Cool it.
- Store in air tight container.
This recipe was contributed by Shailaja Reddy on 24 Jan 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.