Saiwoo Vegetables ( Easy Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13992 times
An interesting combination of honey, 5 spice powder and dry red chillies creates this delectable dish. Strips of batter fried vegetables are coated in this unusual sauce.
- Make a paste with the cornflour, water and salt and add to the vegetables.
- Mix lightly so that the batter coats the vegetables.
- Deep fry the vegetables in hot oil until crisp. Remove, drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the honey over a low flame in a small pan.
- Add the soya sauce, chinese 5 spice powder, sugar and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add the spring onion whites, garlic, ginger and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the dry red chillies and green chillies and sauté till the red chillies turn brown.
- Add the schezuan sauce, honey-5 spice sauce and salt and cook for a few seconds.
- Toss in the crispy fried vegetables and spring onion greens, mix well and serve immediately.
- Do not cook for a long time after adding the vegetables as the vegetables as they will get soggy.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.