Sai Bhaji ( Subzi Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 72 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16756 times
Although the Sai Bhaji features a combination of greens, the slightly sour taste of khatta bhaji is the highlight of this recipe. It contrasts beautifully with the other vegetables and chana dal, which help to accentuate the flavour of the khatta bhaji and balance it at the same time. Perked up with minimal spice powders and pastes, this tasty Sai Bhaji makes a wonderful side-dish for any Rotis .
- Combine the chana dal with 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, potatoes, brinjal and ginger paste and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the spinach, khatta bhaji, cooked chana dal, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot.
- Khatta bhaji is available at most vegetable vendors. It looks like a smaller version of spinach leaves and the leaves are slightly sour in taste.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||3435.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||27.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||109.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.