Sai Bhaji ( Pressure Cooker)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56621 times
Sai bhaji, a traditional bhaji from the sindhi repertoire is a nutritious and balanced meal in itself when served with Cooked Rice or rotis. This is because it uses an extensive set of ingredients ranging from greens and dal to veggies too, which when perked up with tomatoes, spice powders and pastes becomes a tongue-tickling and sumptuous bhaji. Here is a quick and easy version made using the Pressure Cooker , which enables you to cook the varied greens and veggies all at one shot. It also aids the flavours to fuse well, resulting in a dish that has a bit of sourness, a bit of sweetness, a bit of spice, and a lot of joy!
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, ginger-garlic paste and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, turmeric powder, tomatoes, chana dal, potatoes and brinjal, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach, khatta bhaji, fenugreek leaves, dill leaves, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and pressure cook on a medium flame for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Blend it till the mixture is coarse using a hand blender.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||3239 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||33.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||98.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.