Saffron Chhanna Pie
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 61 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7541 times
A confluence of Eastern and Western flavours.
- For the chhanna mixture, warm the saffron in a small vessel, add 4 tablespoons of milk and rub until the saffron dissolves.
- Put 2 litres of milk to boil. When it starts boiling, switch off the gas. Wait for a while. Add the lemon juice.
- When it curdles, drain.
- Immediately put the curdled mixture, saffron mixture, sugar and baking powder in a mixer. Blend until it becomes a thick sauce.
- To proceed, arrange the apples in a baking dish and sprinkle the sugar on top.
- Spread the chhanna mixture evenly on the apple slices.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the almonds and cardamom powdered on top.
- Bake again for a few minutes. Serve hot.
- Goodness Guide :
- The apples in this pie contain pectin, a soluble which helps lower cholesterol.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.