Saffron Chenna Pie ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11080 times
Fresh and soft paneer has a light yet rich feel. Add saffron to that, and the scales definitely tilt in favour of luxury even though this innovative pie does not have maida, ghee, or any such heavy ingredients. Even the amount of sugar used is relatively less. Moreover, the microwave makes it very easy to make this delightful pie. So, now you know what to make next time a special occasion arises.
- Combine the paneer, milk, sugar and saffron in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the cornflour and baking powder and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Pour 1 portion of the mixture in a 75 mm. (3”) microwave safe glass bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Repeat step 4 to make three more pies.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.