by Amarendra Mulye
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7497 times
Mughlai food is characterized by royal, rich and creamy curries. Sabz-e-nawabi is a mughlai curry, a medley of vegetables like cauliflower, green peas and carrots with mild spicy mughlai gravy. I am sure that the flavours of this recipe will stay in your mind.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till they turn soft and oil leaves the sides.
- Add the cashewnuts and almonds and saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Add the curds and blend again into smooth paste.
- Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add the onions and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add the capsicum and saute for more 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger paste and garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till oil leaves the sides.
- Add the prepared paste and blanched vegetables to the mixture and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garam masala, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Adjust the consistency by adding the vegetable stock, cover and cook for more 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and cream.
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 22 Nov 2011I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.