Sabut Moong Dal Paratha
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13796 times
A delicious recipe with a difference!
Add your private note
Sabut Moong Dal Paratha recipe - How to make Sabut Moong Dal Paratha
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 8 parathas
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the coriander powder, red chilli powder and mooong dal, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water and salt, cover and cook till the dal becomes soft and water is evaporated.
- Remove from the flame, cool and add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a circle of 4” diameter.
- Place a portion of the stuffing at the centre and bring the edges together at the centre to seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6” diameter, using little flour for rolling.
- Heat a tava and cook each paratha, using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat the same steps to make 7 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by nish2001 on 30 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.