Sabut Lal Mirch ka Achar
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43727 times
Sabut lal mirch ka achar is a hot and spicy pickle or achar recipe with whole red chillies stuffed with an array of spice powders and mustard oil. Find many easy to prepare achar recipe, red chilli, green chilli pickle recipes at tarladalal.com
- Split the peppers lengthways from one side from the stalk to the tip, to create an opening for the filling.
- Snip it a little on one side at the broad end to make it easier to fill.
- Remove the seeds of you do not want these to be too hot.
- Put the salt, ground dried mango, ground coriander and fennel seeds in a bowl and mix together.
- Stir in 60 ml (2 fl oz) of the oil.
- Stuff the peppers with the spice mixture, pressing it in firmly.
- Heat the remaining oil a heavy-based sauce pan or wok over light heat. when you notice some movement in the oil and its fragrance becomes very strong, add the stuffed peppers. cook, 5 minutes until the pepper begin to look glossy and slightly cooked.
- Turn off the heat and leave the peppers and oil to cool.
- When the peppers and oil are completely cool, transfer them to sterilized, airtight jar, then screw on the lid.
- The peppers are then ready to eat but they will tenderer and the flavor will mature of you leave them for a few days
This recipe was contributed by cellymonika on 26 Nov 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.