Sabudana Khichdi By ranjini_b
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8395 times
Sabudana khichdi is a fasting menu staple and gets prepared with soaked sabudaana(sago) cooked with roasted peanuts and boiled potatoes . The tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves add to the authentic Indian flavor. A perfect breakfast or packed meal option, this Maharshtrian sabudana khichdi recipe is sure to be devoured by all.
- Wash, drain and soak the sabudana in water for ½ an hour.
- Heat ghee in a vessel, add the jeera & chilies, when it starts spluttering add the potatoes and fry further.
- Next add the salt, peanut powder and fry for a while.
- Lastly add the soaked sabudana into the potato mixture and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with grated coconut.
This recipe was contributed by ranjini_b on 20 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.