Sabudana Khichadi By jaya_venkatesh
This recipe has been viewed 5686 times
Sabudana khichadi is a fasting menu staple and gets prepared with soaked sabudaana(sago) cooked with roasted peanuts and boiled potatoes . The tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves add to the authentic Indian flavor. A perfect breakfast or packed meal option, this Maharshtrian sabudana khichdi recipe is sure to be devoured by all.
- Wash sabudana 2-3 times with water.
- Soak 1 cup sabudana for 2-3 hrs in 1 cup water. the sabudana will soak the water.
- Add salt as per taste and add groundnut powder. mix well.
- Heat oil or ghee in karahi. when hot add jeera then add green chillies and a little salt now add potatoes and fry for 1 minute. after this add sabudana little sugar (optional) and mix well. sprinkle very little water and close the lid and allow it to cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and add a few drops of lemon juice just before serving. sabudana khichadi is ready for serving.
This recipe was contributed by jaya_venkatesh on 26 Mar 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.