This recipe has been viewed 2398 times
A traditional Diwali Sweet which you can enjoy for a week. Saath ha is made with just 3 ingredients - maida, ghee and sugar. Flattened maida are deep fried, which are then dipped in sugar syrup.
Add your private note
Saath recipe - How to make Saath
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 8 serving
- Sieve the maida mix ghee and rub gently till the maifo crumbles add little water to make a soft dough.
- In a frying pan take dalda ghee and bring it to boiling point and then lower the flame.
- Make small lemon size balls of maida dough and flatten a bit and deep-fry in the heated dalda ghee, keep aside.
- In a thick bottom pan add 2 cups sugar and 1 cup water dissolve the sugar and boil till one string consistency switch off the gas add the cardamon powder to this sugar syrup.
- Put the the fried saath in this syrup and roll till it is completely coated with the syrup.
- Place the sugar coated saaths on a plate and keep aside till the syrup dries and thin white layer of sugar will be coated on this.
- Serve this diwali sweet. . .
This recipe was contributed by ANITA BURDE on 26 Nov 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.