Rustic Italian Pasta
by Dr. Chef
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4074 times
Fresh tomato sauce based pasta, and a scatter of spinach loaded with aromatic herbs and cheese gives you the much needed anti-oxidant boost along with a delicious italian meal. Can be served with warm, toasted buttered bread. Keeps you warm on a cold day, and the best comfort food ever!
- In a deep pan, heat about 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the onions and garlic to the oil. Toss them about the pan till they turn golden.
- Add the tomato, and immediately pour the puree concentrate. Then pour 400 ml of water.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
- Using a smasher, smash the chopped tomatoes and with the puree, so that they blend together but continue to have a chunky appearance.
- Add about a tsp of salt and dried basil, mix well, and allow the sauce to bubble and simmer for a few minutes.
- If you think the sauce is too thin, you can thicken it with a tbsp of cornflour.
- In a shallow pan, heat about 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the sliced green chillies and pour the tomato sauce into it. Stir in the spinach and just as soon as it starts wilting, take it off the heat.
- Grease a microwave safe bowl with a little butter and put the pasta into it. Pour the sauce over it and dot with the small blobs of cheese. You can also grate the cheese and scatter it over the entire bowl.
- Bake until the cheese starts bubbling and becomes golden.
This recipe was contributed by Dr. Chef on 21 Jul 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.