Russian fruit salad
This recipe has been viewed 13904 times
1) marsala is the name for a wine produced in the region surrounding the italian city of marsala in sicily. marsala wine first received denominazione di origine controllata, or doc, status in 1969.
while the city's natives sometimes drink "vintage" marsala, the wine produced for export is universally a fortified wine similar to port. marsala wine was originally fortified with ethyl alcohol to ensure that it would last long ocean voyages, but it is made that way now due to its popularity in foreign markets.
(reference : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/marsala_wine)
2) mixed fruit recommended combination - melon cubes, strawberries, kiwi and peaches.
2) float few leaves of mint on the salad, if you wish.
- 1) put the campagne, red wine marsala, sugar and cinnamon powder in a pan and boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
- 2) leave it to cool and chill thorogly.
- 3) just before serving, place the required quantities of fruit mixtures in small ice cream serving bowls and pour the chilled syrup over it.
- 4) leave the syrup refrigerated and use it when required.
This recipe was contributed by deshpriya on 23 Jun 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.