This recipe has been viewed 1453 times
Rotlis beta is the typical roti recipe but made from a dough comprising of maida or refined flour, instead of wheat flour. These white colored thin and soft rotis are best enjoyed hot with vegetable or lentil curry of your choice.
- Combine the flour and oil and knead into a soft dough using water
- Divide into 16 equals rounds
- Speedily roll out each round into thin chapatis 125 mm. (5") in diameter. speed in rolling is essential. it will keep the paper-thin chapatis intact when flour alone is hopeless.
- Dust off any excess flour.
- Place one round on a hot tava (about 4/6 seems right, above 4 was too hot) and when the edges begin to turn up, turn over on the other side using a pair of flat tongs.
- Cook on the other side till air pockets appear on the surface and then turn it over onto the gas flame for a few seconds till it puffs up.
- Serve immediately.
- Repeat for the rest of the rounds.
This recipe was contributed by astrila on 16 Jul 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.