Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3832 times
Cupcakes, also known as fairy cakes, are delicious, pocket-sized cakes.Cupcakes are a favourite to serve at teatime and especially for children's parties, when they can be decorated with icing and sweets.
- Preheat the oven to 190 º C.Line a 6-hole muffin tray with papers.
- Using a wooden spoon, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one by one, stirring well between each addition. If the mixture threatens to curdle, add a tbsp of the flour to stabilise it.
- Fold in the remaining flour, followed by the rose water. Add the milk, till it leaves spoon smoothly.
- Pour the spoonful of mixture into the muffin papers and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or till they cooked.
- Transfer the cupcakes onto a rack and allow it to cool slightly.
- Make up a big batch of royal icing and spoon onto the cakes. Leave to set before decorating with rose petals or silver balls.
This recipe was contributed by Preeti D on 02 Mar 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.