by Tarla Dalal
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11185 times
This innovative version of the traditional Dauphnoise potatoes is sure to win you the compliments of even expert food connoisseurs!
- Blanch the tomatoes in a vesselful of boiling water.
- Peel, cut into quarters and deseed them.
- Chop finely and keep the tomato pulp aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the bayleaf and peppercorns and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomato pulp and allow it to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce reduces a little.
- Add the sugar and salt and simmer for some more time.
- Finally, add the oregano and mix well. Remove the bayleaf and peppercorns and discard them.
- Keep the sauce aside.
- Parboil the potatoes in boiling salted water.
- Peel and cut into thin slices. Keep aside.
- Grease a 10" diameter baking dish. Spread half the potato slices on it.
- Pour half the prepared creamy mixture over the potatoes.
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining potatoes and creamy mixture.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove and pour the tomato sauce over it.
- Arrange the vegetables and top with the Mozzareela cheese.
- Bake again on a oven at 200°C (400°F) for about 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||499.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||31.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||31.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.