This recipe has been viewed 4204 times
A traditional syrupy chenna or freshly prepared cheese based dessert of Bengal, rossogulla is a popular Indian sweet or mithai recipe. Find many easy and tasty dessert recipes, mithai recipes at tarladalal.com.
- Boil the milk.remove the cream which is formed on the top. turn off the gas and add vinegar, stir.
- When the milk curdles & water is seperated, sprinkle little cold water and keep aside for 5 mts.remove the bubbles which are formed and wash well with the cold tap water the paneer, drain and tie in a muslin cloth until the moisture is evaporated completely.
- If u find execess moistness squees the water by hand or by any paper napkin.
- Take a flat tray, put the paneer, add the soda and maida to it knead for 15mts in hand until it becomes soft and u can feel the oil in yr hand. make balls close it with a wet cloth.
- Sugar syrup:
- 1.take a vessel pour 2 cups of water and 2 cups of the sugar boil 5 mts, add rose essence and remove from fire. cool it. this can be prepared the previous day too.
- 2.in the same vessel take remaining 6cups of water and 1cup of sugar boil in a high flame.put the paneer balls, close the lid and cook on a very high flame for 30 mts.
- Pour the cooked paneer balls to the first sugar syrup prepared. serve after 30 mts.
This recipe was contributed by savi_ram on 26 Feb 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.