Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2155 times
Urad dal vadas soaked in sugar syrup. It is a traditional bengali sweet made at home. Not usually found in sweet shops.
- Soak the urad dal overnight and then grind to a smooth paste. Try to add as little water as possible.
- Add the fennel seeds and mix well.
- Make the sugar syrup by boiling the sugar and water in a pan till the sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add saffron and keep aside.
- Heat oil ina kadhai, make round balls out of the dal mix and deep fry them to a golden brown colour.
- Drain and add them to the syrup.
- Soak for a couple of hours before serving.
This recipe was contributed by BETHICA DAS on 01 Jun 2013HI, I AM BETHICA DAS, LIVING IN SHARJAH WITH MY HUSBAND, PIJUSH DAS, WHO IS A SENIOR LECTURER AT A B...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.