Rose and Tender Coconut Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 272 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24418 times
This is a delicately flavoured ice-cream with aromatic rose petals and soothing tender coconut meat, which is sure to top the popularity charts!
Perfect proportions of milk and cream yield a super creamy ice-cream, the texture of which is further improved by flakes of tender coconut meat and rose petals, which play with the taste buds in every mouthful of this ice-cream.
The Rose and Tender Coconut Ice-Cream is a delightful dessert, which can be served just plain! Or, you can use it to top Indian desserts like Jalebi or Gajar Ka Halwa as the gulabi flavour of this ice-cream is sure to go well with most Indian mithai.
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of cold milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Pour the remaining 2¼ cups of milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and boil on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Add the flavouring mixture and mix well. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||287.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
|Folic Acid||17.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.