Roasted Sweet Pepper Soup
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7763 times
Roasted sweet pepper soup is an amazing hot soup recipe to beat the winter blues. The yellow, green and red sweet peppers are roasted and then blended in a blender with sauteed onion. The herbs, seasonings, lime juice and wine add to the tangy and spicy flavor of the pepper soup. Simply awesome soup recipe, which is sure to beloved by all.
- Broil the whole peppers, turning with tongs, until the skins on all the sides are charred and puckered.
- Let it cool and then peel off the skins of the pepper, and then remove and discard the stems, seeds and fibers.
- Chop the red peppers coarsely and set aside.
- Cut the yellow and green peppers into narrow 1-inch strips, and set aside separately from the red pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the onion and sauté until the onion is soft and just beginning to turn golden.
- Add the garlic and continue to sauté until the onion is soft and just beginning to turn golden.
- Transfer the onion mixture to the container of a food processor and add the red sweet peppers and one cup of water.
- Puree until smooth.
- Return to the soup pot along with 3 cups of water, or enough to give the soup a moderately thick consistency.
- Add the wine and chili powder.
- Bring to a simmer and cook it over a low heat for 20 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by ochorios on 26 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.