Roasted Poha and Oats Chivda ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 59 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31463 times
When hunger strikes suddenly, this Roasted Poha and Oats Chivda is sure to answer your appetite in a tasty and crunchy way. Made of roasted oats, poha, peanuts and chana dal with a sprinkling of spice powders for a dash of excitement, this dry snack is ideal to store in an air-tight container and munch on when you are hungry, or to even send to school in the tiffin box on a rushed day when you do not have much time on your hands to prepare elaborate treats. Also pack Corn Dhokla ( Tiffin Treats) in another tiffin for a perfect short break combo.
- Combine the poha and oats in a broad non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in the same broad non-stick pan, add the peanuts and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the roasted chana dal and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the poha-oats mixture, powdered sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirirng occasionally.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Allow it to cool completely and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.