Roasted Garlic Sourdough Toast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1679 times
Sourdough bread is a special type of bread made with a naturally fermented dough. It has a rustic flavour and a unique texture that is crisp outside and soft and chewy inside.
Roasted Garlic Sourdough Toast is a special treat made with this type of bread. Here, the bread is topped with a mixture of roasted and mashed garlic pods seasoned with sea salt.
Roasted garlic, made by baking foil-packed garlic pods, have a special flavour that is multiplied by the addition of sea salt and olive oil.This tongue-tickling mixture boosts the appeal of the sourdough bread, making this a gourmet’s treat!
Try other toast recipes like the Crispy Spinach and Paneer Open Toasts or Baked Garlic Celery Toasts .
- Cut ¼ th tip of each garlic pod and place them on an rectangle aluminium foil.
- Pour 1 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle sea salt evenly over them.
- Wrap them from all the sides and twist it lightly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 45 minutes.
- Allow it cool completely and open the aluminium foil.
- Squeeze out each pod into a deep bowl along with the olive oil and sea salt. Also add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil and pepper powder and mix well while mashing it with the back of a spoon till smooth. Keep aside.
- Place 3 sour dough bread slices on a clean, dry surface and put a little of the prepared roasted garlic mixture and spread it evenly.
- Repeat step 1 to spread the prepared roasted garlic mixture on the remaining 3 sour dough bread slices and spread it evenly.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per toast
|Vitamin A||45 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.