Roasted Corn and Bellpepper Tart
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2614 times
It is quite common to find boiled corn featuring in several starters, salads and other recipes. However, in this unique starter, we have combined corn – roasted on the cob – with bell pepper, herbs and spices to make a yummy topping for tarts.
The Roasted Corn and Bellpepper Tart is further enhanced by the addition of hot and sweet sauce, which gives a saucy mouth-feel and tongue-tickling taste. This starter is sure to give your party an upbeat mood!
Try more starters like the Paneer Fritters or Malai Paneer Mixed Sesame Seed Balls .
- Roast the corn on an open flame, till black spots appear.
- Scrape it using a sharp knife, keep aside.
- Grease the yellow capsicum with little olive oil and roast it on an open flame using a fork, till it turns black in colour from all the sides.
- Put it in cold water and scrape the burnt part.
- Deseed it and chop the capsicum finely.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 with the red and green capsicum.
- Combine the roasted corn and all the capsicums in a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place the tarts on a serving plate and fill approx. 1 tsp of the prepared roasted corn and bellpepper mixture in it and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||428.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.