by SujaFoodie #607665
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2379 times
Roasted brinjal is a routine recipe in my home. The special masala powder prepared and used gives a unique texture and flavour for the recipe. It goes well with variety rice and plain rice too. The time given for marination makes it more delicious. This recipe can be substituted with cauliflower, peas, aloo etc.
Add your private note
Roasted Brinjal recipe - How to make Roasted Brinjal
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
20 hours 15 minutesMakes 8 to 12 slices
- Cut the brinjal into thin slices.
- Combine the spice powder, salt and little water to make it into a paste.
- Now marinate the sliced brinjals into the paste and make sure that all the sides are covered.
- Keep it aside for an hour.
- Heat the tava and grease it with oil.
- Place the marinated slices on tava and roast till they turn dark brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve it with plain rice,curd rice and sambar rice.
This recipe was contributed by SujaFoodie #607665 on 17 Jan 2014Hi,
Im sujatha....to describe me very briefly is that im a big "FOODIE"...I finished my post gradua...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.