Risotto - Indian Flavour
This recipe has been viewed 2188 times
Tickle your taste buds with this creamy and cheesy risotto mildly spiced with Indian flavours. It is just heavenly when served piping hot on a cold winter evening.
- Combine milk and water in a broad pan and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer on a low flame to keep it hot till use.
- Heat ghee in a broad pan add cumin seeds, bay leaf, onion, garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.Add the rice and saute again for another 2 to 3 minutes.Add the milk-water mixture gradually little at a time.
- Slowly as the rice cooks and releases its starch, it will have a soft and creamy texture.
- Keep adding milk-water mixture till the rice is cooked.
- Saute methi separately in a pan and add it to the cooked rice along with paneer, cashewnut powder, kasuri methi, green peas, garam masala and sugar.
- Add little more of milk-water mixture, stir and cook. Remove the risotto from the flame and stir in cream and cheese and mix well to blend to a smooth creamy consistency.
- Garnish with grated red carrots and serve immediately with a bowl of soup and crisp khakras.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 30 Nov 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.