Ridge Gourd with Poppy Seeds ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13278 times
Plain ridge gourd subzi gets transformed into a yummy dish with the addition of poppy seeds and chillies. Very little fat and loads of fibre make it perfect for mothers keen to lose their pregnancy kilos.
- Combine the poppy seeds powder and 1 tbsp of water in a bowl and mix well to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the ridge gourd, turmeric powder, chilli powder, green chillies and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Add the poppy seed paste, salt and 3 tbsp of water mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for another 4 to 5 minutes, stirring once in between. Serve hot.
Nutrient values Per serving
|Energy|| 53 calories|
|Protein|| 1.3 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 4.1 gm|
|Fat|| 3.4 gm|
|Calcium|| 83.4 mg|
|Iron|| 0.9 mg|
|Fibre|| 0.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.