Rich Vegetable Curry
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6493 times
tempt your guests with this mouthwatering and rich vegetable curry recipe. The assorted vegetables are cooked in a spicy thick onion-tomato based curry and served with fresh malai or cream as topping.
- Cup potatoes into desired shape.
- Cut cauliflower into big flowerettes.
- Steam the vegetables.
- Grind 1/4 onion,garlic and kashmiri chillies into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Grind the remaining 3/4 onion and cashewnuts into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Grind the coconut into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Chop one onion finely.
- In a pan heat ghee,add 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Add the chopped onions into it and fry till they turn transparent.
- Add the garlic-chilli paste and fry well till the raw smell of the garlic goes off.
- Add the tomato puree to it and keep stirring.
- After 2 minutes add the onion-cashewnut paste and keep stirring.
- Add little water to the mixture and boil it.
- Add the steamed vegetables to it,add salt and chilli powder and when it boils add the coconut paste and keep stirring for 2 minutes.
- Put off the fire and add finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Lathaganes on 19 May 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.