Rich Tomato Soup
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10269 times
while serving in the soup bowl, pour the tomato soup in a bowl, throw in 2-3 fried wontons and if needed decorate with a ring of fresh cream.
use red pumpkin instead of corn flour to thicken the soup.
*** prepare this soup and rate this recipe.
- · roughly cut the tomatoes, onions, carrot, red pumpkin, and garlic.
- · roughly crush the small cardamoms and the cinnamon stick.
- · put in red chilli powder, salt, sugar and 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 10 mts.
- · let the pressure from the cooker release on its own and allow it to cool down.
- · meanwhile cut the bread slices into small cubes and deep fry them in the oil.
- · place the fried wonton on a tissue or simple newspaper to remove excess oil.
- · blend the tomato mixture in a blender or liquidizer to form a puree.
- · strain the puree to remove the seeds, skin etc. to form a thick red puree.
- · heat a kadai then add butter and then add immediately the bay leaf for a second.
- · now add the puree in the kadai with 2 cups of water allow it to boil.
- · meanwhile adjust the salt and pepper as per taste.
- . yummy and healthy tomato soup is ready to be served
This recipe was contributed by bin_tk on 14 Dec 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.