Rice rawa balls
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1374 times
Making the rice rawa is the critical part in this dish.. the rawa should not be to big and also it should not be powdered..
Add your private note
Rice rawa balls recipe - How to make Rice rawa balls
Cooking Time: Total Time:
1 cup rice (chawal)
water - 1 3/4 cup
cocunut grated 3/4 cup
for seasoning mustard 1 tsp
bengal gram dal 1 tsp
urad dal 1 tsp
red chili 3 pcs.. cut into half
green chill 2 pcs cut into pieces
curry leaves 10 pcs
salt 2 tsp
oil 6 tsp
Vessels reqd: kadai,
cooker ( rice cooker or pressure cooker)
- Clean the rice with some tap water and drain all the water. keep aside for 15 - 20 min. (till it becomes dry when touched in hand but do not sun dry).
- In a kadai pour 4-5 tsp of oil , when heated put the mustard , dals ( bengal gram and urad dal 1 1 tsps) , red chilli. when the mustard crakels , put the green chilli and after green chilli gets mixed in the oil put curry leaves (this may take some 15 secs). then simmer the stove and pour 1-3/4 cups of water.
- Add salt 2 tsp(as per reqd). wait till it boils..
- In the mean time , take the rice and put it in the mixee , or blender .. break the rice into small piece ( tips : whip mode in the mixee is the best if available) the rice should not be powdered , instead it should be little grains uniformly..(this step is very imp)
- Now when the water boils put the rice rawa in the kadai and mix well for 5 min. when no water is there and the mixture is hard enough switch off the fire.
- Now add coconut to it after cooling it to some extent ,may be 5 min.
- Make small balls in the shape of sphere and not circle.
- Keep the balls in the idlli plate and steam in the cooker for 10 -12 mins
- Serve with cocunut chutney or sambar.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#432776 on 16 Dec 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.