Rice and Vegetable Chilla
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 297 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47807 times
rice and vegetable chilla recipe | rice and vegetable chilla made with buttermilk |
Sometimes, the modification of some of the ingredients or the addition of veggies can give a very innovative spin to popular recipes.
Here, the addition of buttermilk and cabbage has that effect on the traditional chilla. The rava and the urad dal flour are essential ingredients that balance the mushiness of rice very well. Coriander and green chillies impart a wonderful aroma that fills the room when the rice and vegetable chilla is cooked on the tava.
Good to serve for Breakfast as well as Evening Tea Snacks.
Learn to make rice and vegetable chilla recipe | rice and vegetable chilla made with buttermilk |
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it lightly using a little oil, spread a little mixture over it and spread into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter circle.
- Cook the chilas using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 14 more chilas.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
- You can make 5 to 6 chilas on a tava at a time. Alternatively you can also use a mini uttapa pan.
Rice and Vegetable Chila Video by Tarla Dalal
Rice and Vegetable Chilla recipe with step by step photos
Q. What can i use instead of buttermilk to make rice and vegetable chilla? You can use 1 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar mixed with 1 cup of water and use it to replace buttermilk.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chila
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.