Rice and Soya Sticks ( Gluten Free Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 80032 times
This gluten free version of one of my favourite finger foods uses rice and soya flour instead of wheat flour, while sesame seeds add a distinctive flavour. A great snack option for your child’s tiffin box, the sticks can be stored for a while in an airtight container.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and put one portion of the dough into a chakli press.
- Press out into 2” strips on a flat, dry surface.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, deep-fry the sticks, a few at a time on a medium flame, till they turn light brown in colour and crisp from both sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.