Rice and Carrot Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9322 times
The Rice and Carrot Soup is a sumptuous soup, which can become a mini meal in itself depending on the portion size! Sautéed carrots and onions are cooked in a special brown stock, which gives a delightful flavour and appetizing brown tinge to the soup.
A dash of fresh cream and grated cheese add to the richness of this soup, while a teaspoon of lemon juice gives it a mild tang. Enjoy the Rice and Carrot Soup hot.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the brown stock, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked rice, fresh cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||623.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||22.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||19.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.