Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2204 times
An awesome tasting innovative Upma recipe using rice is the Rice Upma. The rice is ground with the toor dal and red chillies and then tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves and grated coconut while cooking. A delicious and healthful Upma recipe for breakfasts or snacks.
- Dry grind rice, toor dhal & red chilly like rave texture. keep aside.
- Heat the heavy bottomed vessel add the oil, when hot add the urad dhal, curry leaves, salt, mustard seeds, chillies, ginger, asafoetida.
- Fry for a minute or so.
- Add 4 cups of water & bring to a boil,
- Add the ground rice, dhal mixture and mix well.
- Lower the flame and let it cook
This recipe was contributed by pearlie on 28 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.