Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1155 times
Simply an awesome rice preparation to suit each palate, Rice treat is bound with rich taste, appealing looks and great flavours. The rice is cooked with a select combination of spice powders and onion tomato paste. Add an array of vegetables to impart a healthy touch to this main course treat.
Add your private note
Rice Treat recipe - How to make Rice Treat
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
For the Onion-Tomato Paste :
Onion 4 big
Tomato 2 big4 green chillies
Red Chillies 4
Black Pepper 1/4 tsp
Tamarind a small lump2 tbsp oil a pinch asafoetida (hing) salt to taste
For the main recipe :
Rice 1 cup
Water 2 cups
Vegetables of one's choice as per desired quantity4 green chillies
Red Chillies 22 tbsp oil salt to taste
- For the onion-tomato paste :
- 1. the onion-tomato paste can be prepared in advance and kept aside for 2-3 days.
- 2. cut the onions. heat one tbsp oil in a kadhai and add the chillies, black pepper, hing and onions. fry well till golden brown.
- 3. cool the above and grind well in a mixie, alongwith tamarind and salt. keep aside.
- 4. make a puree of the tomatoes by grinding them well in a mixie and sieving the same.
- 5. heat oil in a kadhai. add the tomato puree and heat it for 5-10 mins. then add the onion paste and heat for another 5 mins.
- 6. cool and store in a container.
- For the main recipe :
- 1. pressure cook the rice with water.
- 2. cut the vegetables into small pieces. heat the oil in a kadhai and add the chillies, salt and vegetables. cook well.
- 3. add the onion-tomato paste to the cooked rice and mix well. add the vegetables and mix well.
- 4. keep the desired quantity in the dabba.
This recipe was contributed by ss_naz on 14 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.