Rice Sevai/ Idiyappam By padmavathiravi
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11401 times
1. rice sevai is nothing but rice noodles (not the regular chineese noodles)
earlier rice sevai was done at home using rice flour which is a very big mess n time consuming. now since we have good shops and markets. everything is available instantly.
2. there are many companies who manufacture rice sevai, the one which is popular is "dragon" and is available all over India.
3. don't forget to wash the cooked sevai in cold water as it stops further boiling n sticking to each other.
Add your private note
Rice Sevai/ Idiyappam By padmavathiravi recipe - How to make Rice Sevai/ Idiyappam By padmavathiravi
Preparation Time: 10 mts Cooking Time: 10 mts Total Time:
- Keep water in a big vessel for boiling add a pinch of salt and little oil to the water.
- Add instant rice sevai (dragon company) to the water and boil till its 90% done.
- Drain the cooked water and wash it with cold running water and keep it aside till all the water drains.
- Now take oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. now add ural dhal, gram dhal till it becomes golden brown.
- Then add grated coconut, turmeric powder, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves and cook till done.
- Now switch of the gas stove and allow it cool.
- Then add the sevai to it. sprinkle salt, lemon juice and mix thoroughly with hand.
- Serve it with coconut chutney.
- "its a delicious south indian recipe"
This recipe was contributed by padmavathiravi on 11 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.