Rice Rotis By ramanika
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2306 times
Rice rotis is a traditional fare in Kerala and Maharashtrian homes and can now be recreated at your home with this rice roti recipe. The rice rotis are soft and best served with fish curry or lentils.
- Mix all the ingredients well. keep aside for half an hour.
- Add enough of water or more curd to mix to a batter of pouring consistency. the batter should not be thin.
- Heat some water in a large kadhai, put a steel strainer upside down in boiling water in the kadhai.
- Grease a banana leaf with little oil and place it over the strainer.
- Spread 2tbsp of batter over it and cover with another banana leaf.
- Cover a kadhai with large plate.
- Steam for 2-5 min. repeat the process with remaining batter.
This recipe was contributed by ramanika on 14 Dec 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.